Hello! A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to receive some teas from Whittard. As soon as they arrived, I knew that I wanted to do something a little bit special with them for the Christmas season. As you may have guessed by the title, this involved adding some booze to make a gin cocktail!
If you still aren’t quite sure what you’re drinking this New Year’s Eve, how about my G and Tea cocktail?
You will need:
Apple and Elderflower Caffeine Free Fruit Infusion*
Gin (I used Heston’s Earl Grey and Lemon Gin)
Elderflower Cordial (such as Bottlegreen)
Teapot for loose tea
Slice of lemonCute teacups are optional (but adorable!)
1. First, brew your tea. It doesn’t matter if you don’t have a fancy loose tea teapot like I do, just use a normal pot and a tea strainer. Use a generous scoop per cup and leave to brew for as long as possible until cool. If needed, place the teapot in the fridge or freezer to ensure that the liquid is nice and cold.
2. Add two shots of gin to a teacup, using your spirit measure (or, hey, just do it by eye, I’m not judging you!) Heston’s Earl Grey and Lemon Gin from Waitrose is by far the smoothest and tastiest gin I have ever tried and really adds to the tea theme.
3. Add a splash of Elderflower Cordial, such as Bottlegreen, to add some more gorgeously sweet elderflower flavour.
4. Top up with your cooled Whittard Apple and Elderflower tea. I love this tea – it’s smells delicious and tastes just as good. The combination is perfectly balanced and leaves you feeling refreshed and invigorated, thanks to the crisp apple and tangy elderflower.
5. Add a slice of lemon and enjoy! To add some glamour to your New Year’s Eve cocktail, why not add some Champagne for a little extra fizz? Or how about some apple or elderflower flavoured liquor for an extra kick?
What will you be drinking this New Year’s Eve? Let me know if you give this cocktail a try, and if you personalise it in any way!